Cubes’ new mtb concept is a great example of what all the advantages for the tweener 27.5 wheel size paired with longer suspension travel is all about, thus creating a fast rolling Enduro / All Mountain ride. This is the future in the mountain biking world, the Stereo 160 Super HPC utilizes a four-link 650b frame to get things done efficiently with the ultimate in Trail Control. The German mtb designers also gave the new mountain bike their exclusive ARG geometry, which works perfect to provide any and all of the advantages the bigger wheels provide, but combined with butter smooth 160 millimeters of rear travel. Then to take it over the top they also implemented a full carbon fiber Trail Motion Rocker, with all the housings for the cartridge bearings being manufactured out of carbon as well, to ultimately use as minimal of alloy parts as Cube could manage.
The front of the new Stereo model also received incredible attention as well by employing FOX’s new 34 CTD Talas fork, the travel range is adjustable from 160-120mm. Also being paired perfectly with Foxs’ ’13 Float rear shock that features CTD, Boost Valve, along with CUBEs’ own Custom Setup. They didn’t leave any item short here, which includes Formula disc brakes, the RC Tune version to be exact that features adjustable levers for exacting brake ergonomics to fit any hand size out there. For the control department Easton holds down the fort with a Haven carbon handlebar and alloy stem, with their EA70 Zero offset seat post. They also used the latest technology from Shimano with their XT Shadow Plus rear derailleur that is direct mount style. To roll the Cube bike at mach speeds DT Swiss came into the picture with their b-tweener wheel set for ’13, called the CSW AM 2.7, that uses a 15mm front thru axle, X12 axle for the rear, along with highly durable straight pull spokes.
The Price for the Race mtb is set at $4,699.00 USD
There are four sizes available from the technicians at Cube that range in even increments from 16 thru 22 inches. Also the Grey/ Flash red color available is in stock for purchase through Amazon link below.. Enjoy!
- Shimano SLX 3×10 speed shifter set
- XT Shadow Plus 10 speed rear derailleur
- XT front derailleur
- XT Hollowtech II crankset, 175mm, 42x32x24T
- Carbon Frame uses exclusive Monocoque Super HPC Advanced Twin Mold Tech
- Easton Haven custom Carbon handlebar, is a comfortable 750 millimeter width
- Haven 0° rise stem for all the aggressive terrain out there
- EA70 zero offset seat post, diameter is 31.6, with 400mm length
- Cube’s very own Race Grip with 1-clamp, designed and built in-house
- Selle Italia X1 Saddle is comfortable for all day long jonts out in the woods
- Fox Talas 34 650B with adjustable travel, tapered, and 15QR axle
- Float CTD Boost Valve rear shock
- FSA Orbit headset, for smooth steering action, and no play
- Formula RC hydraulic disc brake with 180mm rotors on both the front and rear
- Schwalbe Hans Dampf Kevlar 2.35 tires, with Snake Skin, and Pace Star
- DT CSW 27.5 All Mountain wheels, laced up with 28/28 spokes
- The Stereo’s Complete weight is 12.3 kg-(12,300 grams) or calculated at (27lb 1.8698oz) for the US metric