Designed for 27.5 mtb wheels to make for rapid acceleration and awesome control, in all the technical, rock and root strewn areas of trail. Novara purpose built the Ponderosa 650b mountain bike to provide all the big-wheeled experience of a 29er, but for those riders who prefer a smaller ride, who ultimately like a bit more active style feel out of the front end.
- Quicker and lighter is ultimately what the 650B wheel size is all about, compared to the bigger wheeled Pondersa 29er brother. But it still provides all the same rollover benefits of large-diameter wheels—better traction equates to more speed..etc..etc!
- 6061 aluminum Ponderosa frame features triple butting with an S-bend down tube for a responsive ride.
- Front Suntour XCR fork has 100mm (4-inches) of travel to soak up all the big and small bumps alike, you can also lock it out for climbing on smoother terrain.
- SRAM 2×10 drivetrain provides reliability and weight savings while maintaining fast, precise gear changes to take on changing topography
- Tektro hydraulic brakes have incredible stopping power, wet or dry.
- Weinmann rims, Joytech hubs and Schwalbe’s Rapid Rod mtb tire rounds the Ponderosa 2014 ride out quite nice.
|Number of gears|
These Ponderosa Bikes are sweet rides that have been nicely decked out with a great graphic design, with a modern feel. If you so desire these Novara’s are available for purchase at REI-Online through the link below..
Price is $999.00 USD. They provide free online shipping if shipped to a US residence. Please note as well that REI purchase policies come with a free warranty tune-up. New mtb’s will usually go through what’s called a normal break-in period, where cables stretch, and other mechanical items seat in. So it’s best practice to readjust things, so bring your new ride in to a local REI for its free tune-up within 20 hours of use or 6 months from purchase, whichever falls first.
Thanks for supporting RiderCafe!